Andrew Weatherall RIP
warofnature’s 5 most memorable Weatherall moments.
- 1990. The impact of the Weatherall remix of Soon by My Bloody Valentine – my favourite band, and a tipping point for my interest in dance.
- 1994. Haunted Dancehall, Sabres of Paradise. Likewise for my interest in dub.
- Mid-1990s. Bloodsugar set in the Blue Note basement, Hoxton. So, so heavy. First time I’d seen crack being smoked. I think the same night that David Holmes, upstairs, hit on my girlfriend.
- c1996 Double header at Club UK with Carl Cox. 3 hour set, sweat dripping from the ceiling. People, their, tits, off. Just before the club closed down following Tabloid reaction to Leah Betts’ death.
- 2004 Two Lone Swordsmen at Concorde 2, Brighton. Weatherall sings goth ‘n’ roll. Always evolving.